< Back to LE Firearms Instructor Series
5-Day Class | 9am – 7pm
(view available classes below)
(this course has been registered with MCOLES for use of PA 302 Law Enforcement Distribution funds and earns training credit within MITN)
– Must be a graduate of the MDFI Law Enforcement Instructor Series: Marksmanship + Manipulation Course
– Must be a credentialed Active or Reserve State or Local Law Enforcement Officer
– Must be a staunch supporter and defender of the Constitution of the United States and the rights of the people protected therein
– Must complete a notarized Non-Compete/Non-disclosure and Liability Release Waiver (please email us if you would like to see a copy before registering)
– Must be able to pass the MDFI Foundation Handgun and Rifle/Carbine Qualification at Advanced level at class start
– MUST KNOW, UNDERSTAND AND APPLY THE FOUR LIFE RULES OF RESPONSIBLE FIREARMS HANDLING AT ALL TIMES. See video below.
The LE Situation and Environment Firearms Instructor Course trains future Instructors to deal with all
sorts of environmental issues that a member of Law Enforcement might encounter (Low Light, Cover,
Moving Around Others with Firearms, etc) and give them the skills and knowledge to teach their
students that important information.
The farthest from a “Show up and get a certificate” class possible, MDFI LE Instructor Candidates will be thoroughly trained and then evaluated throughout the course on responsible firearms handling, their ability to demonstrate techniques, evaluate others, teach points of instruction, and pass shooting qualifications in order to graduate and will leave with either an earned Instructor Certification or merely a certificate of attendance.
Those who graduate these programs will receive an MDFI instructor curriculum to assist in passing on the learned information to their future law enforcement students.
– Must be able to pass MDFI Foundation Handgun/Carbine Qualifier at Advanced Level (DOT 1)
– Must attend all days of training (DOT 1-5)
– Must be able to give effective feedback to students (DOT 1-5)
– Must not violate any of the Four Rules of Responsible Firearms Handling (DOT 1-5)
– Must be able to properly demonstrate points of instruction on demand (DOT 5)
– Must be able to properly teach point of instruction to student group (DOT 5)
GRADUATES WILL RECEIVE:
– MCOLES Credit for 50 training hours
– Certificate of Graduation (passing) or Certificate of Attendance
– Title of MDFI LE Firearms Situation + Environment Instructor for 4 year period from date of graduation.
– Access to current MDFI Instructor Lesson Plans while certified
No scheduled classes at this time.