PERFORMANCE TENEBRIS (DARK) COURSE
– A JBS Training Group / Solo Defense Joint Course –
Day 1: 2:00pm – 12:00am
Day 2: 2:00pm – 10:00pm
Class Cost: $450 + $50 Range Fee (covers both days)
1000 rounds for the rifle
600 rounds for the pistol
Acceptable on demand performance in any environment is tough.
With that being said, the environment that presents the widest range of challenges to overcome is in the total absence of light. Shooting while utilizing night vision technology is by far the most efficient way to defeat the obstacles a shooter faces in an extremely low light or no light environment. Night-vision allows the shooter to see in a place where vision is extremely limited or visual input is not available at all. However, utilizing night-vision is only beneficial if the shooter knows and understands the most efficient ways to use it.
This course is specifically designed to increase the students performance in a low / no-light environment with their chosen defensive firearm. Students that attend this course can expect to learn best practices and proper techniques as applicable to the use of night-vision in conjunction with a handgun and/or rifle.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE (BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO):
- Firearm safety and control and specifically how it applies to darkness
- Medical briefing
- Gear choice and set up
- Navigating changing environments
- Proper zeroing procedure and techniques
- Malfunction clearance
- Shooting techniques applicable to laser aiming modules and passive aiming through optics
- Transitions to alternate weapon systems/optic systems
- White light integration
- Target transitions on the parallel and perpendicular planes
- Manipulations of IR spectrum energy to gain desired outputs
- Dynamic movement under NOD’s
- Helmet/skull crusher and head mounted night vision device (goggles or mono unit).
- Serviceable carbine in 5.56/.223, 7.62X39, 5.45x39, .300BLK, with white light, IR laser aiming module, and users choice of optic. *A SUPPRESSOR IS RECOMMENDED
(Students may arrive with an IR illuminator and optic only, and choose to shoot the course passively if they wish).
- Serviceable handgun with night sights, or red dot optic, and holster for applicable handgun set up (white light mounted on pistol is encouraged).
- Minimum 3 magazines for the carbine
- Minimum 2 magazines for the handgun
- Ability to carry one carbine mag and one pistol mag on your person while moving.
- 1000 ROUNDS FOR THE RIFLE
- 600 ROUNDS FOR THE PISTOL
- IR chem lights 2 ea.
- Note taking material
- Electronic ear pro
- CLEAR eye pro (wrap around style preferred)
- Rain gear as applicable
- Lube and tools to fix downed equipment
- Spare batteries for ALL power consuming devices
- Handheld white light that stays on your person
- Knee/elbow pads if needed
*This course is NOT for beginners. At a minimum, student must have completed a manipulation based handgun AND carbine course taught by a reputable training company in order to attend. To ensure all students meet a minimum skillset, a qualification drill will be shot at the beginning of class. Students will be given two attempts to pass the qualifier. Failure to pass will result in removal from class without refund.
COURSE QUALIFIER – CLICK HERE